Click here for additional information and driving directions to Galveston Island.
For good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged, the Guest hereby agree to the following terms as outlined below.
This Short-Term Vacation Rental Agreement (the “Agreement”) is made by and between Soar Vacation Rental, LLC (“Soar”) and “Guest”. For good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged, the parties hereby agree as follows:
1. Property: Property location and details are provided to guests before arrival date.
2. Minimum Age Requirements: The person signing this agreement must be 25 years of age or older and must be one of the occupants throughout the entire term of lease.
3. Occupancy Limits: Maximum Occupancy: The maximum number of guests allowed in a property is displayed online for each property.
4. Term of the Lease: The lease begins at 4 p.m. on the “Check-in Date” and ends at 11 a.m. on the “Check-out Date”.
5. Rental Rules: Guest agrees to abide by the Rental Rules attached outlined in Exhibit A at all times while at the property and shall cause all members of the rental party and anyone else Guest permits on the property to abide by the rules at all times while at the property.
6. Property Issues & Access: Soar cannot guarantee against the failure or malfunction of any item within the property. Soar will make every effort to correct any malfunctions or maintenance issues that may arise during your stay. All issues must be reported to Soar immediately at the time of occurrence and no issues shall be discussed at time of departure or thereafter. Refunds will not be granted for mechanical failures of appliances, AC/Heating, Pool or Hot tubs, Fishing lights or any other amenity the property offers. Guest shall allow Soar and its representative’s access to the property for purposes of repair and inspection. Power outages, City wide water outages, TV/Cable or Internet outages, temporary road closures, and/or construction plans cannot be predicted, and Soar cannot offer refunds in the event such issue occurs during your stay.
7. Payment and Damage Waiver:
Payment: Acceptable payment methods are Visa, MasterCard, American Express and/or Discover. Personal checks or e-checks are not accepted. All reservations must be paid in full 30 days prior to arrival date.
Damage Waiver Fee: a non-refundable damage waiver fee is included with your reservation and covers up to $1500 in damages. Any damage to the property or furnishings, dirt or other mess requiring excessive cleaning, or any other cost incurred due to Guest’s stay that exceed that amount will be charged to the credit card on file.
8. Cancellation Policy: All cancellations must be in writing via email and a follow up phone call is required. Any cancellation request received within 30 days of the arrival date will be forfeited, unless the property can be rebooked for the entire stay of the original reservation at the same rental rate. Cancellations made outside the 30-day arrival period will receive a refund less a cancellation fee of $100.00.
9. Hurricanes and Tropical Storms: Please be aware! June 1 to November 30 is hurricane season on the Gulf Coast. Please note, there are no refunds of any kind due to shortened stays or ruined expectations because of weather conditions or other unforeseen circumstances/ Guest confirms that it has reviewed and understands the cancellation/refund policy set forth above in paragraph 8.
10. Substitutions: If the property reserved becomes unavailable due to the removal from our program, sale of property, inhabitability or any other reason, Soar reserves the right to substitute a comparable property. In the event a comparable property is not available, the guest may choose a different property at the current rental rate or accept a full refund.
11. Indemnification: Guest agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Soar Vacation Rental Services, (and any of its members, employees, representatives or agents), and the owner of the property, from and against any claims, actions, causes or liabilities for personal injury or damage or loss of property that is made, incurred or sustained by Guest or other members of the rental party. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests and members of the rental party are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the property.
12. Notification: By clicking below, Guest agrees to the terms of this Short-Term Rental Agreement, including Exhibit A (see below), and any other applicable Addendum included. This agreement binds the Guest with the property and dates as outlined above and any request to change the reservation in any way, including moving dates, switching properties or transferring the primary leaseholder, will invoke the cancellation policy referred to in paragraph 8.
EXHIBIT A - RENTAL RULES:
1. Smoking is NOT allowed in the unit. If it is determined a Guest has smoked inside, an automatic $250.00 fee will be applied to the credit card on file to perform smoke remediation. Smoking is allowed outside only. We strive to keep our properties clean; please do not dispose of any cigarette or cigar butts on the property, extra fees may apply for butts found outside.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest. Guests are not allowed to exceed the occupancy limit agreed to above. No large gatherings or parties are allowed in the property unless otherwise approved by Soar prior to check-in date. This includes, but is not limited to, prom, graduation, birthday, bachelor or bachelorette parties, company, religious or association retreats and family reunions.
3. Guests should not create excessive noise at a level that disturbs neighbors; Code-enforced neighborhood quiet hours are from 10:00p.m. – 8:00a.m.
4. All of the properties are privately owned and decorated to the individual owners taste. All of our properties feature standard items such as TV, Internet, AC/Heat, microwave, coffee pot, toaster, oven, pots and pans, place settings, cooking utensils and glassware. Please see paragraph 13 for recommended items to bring with you that are not guaranteed in the unit. Guest agrees to report broken or missing items to Soar immediately upon finding.
5. Keep the premises and all furnishings in good order and as you found them upon arrival. Only use appliances and amenities for their intended purposes, and please do not move furniture.
6. BBQ grilling is not allowed on decks, under the property or on any wooden surfaces, as this is a major fire hazard. All grilling should be done in the grass and away from the property. If a Guest is caught using a grill or any other fire receptacle in a dangerous matter, Soar may evict Guest immediately without refund. If it is determined that Guest caused any damage to the property due to grilling or open fires, Guest is responsible for any charges for repairs due to such damages.
7. Pets are permitted only at designated pet friendly properties with prior approval from Soar. Additional weight limits or pet fees may apply and a Pet Addendum must be completed. The term pet applies to dogs only; at no time are other animals allowed on the property.
Soar accommodates service dogs meeting ADA Guidelines. Service dogs are allowed to stay in any property free of charge and additional documentation may be required.
8. Parking: Parking options vary for each property, depending on location. Below are several parking scenarios for Galveston Island. Please refer to the listing or contact Soar for further details about parking at your property.
EAST END PARKING PERMITS* – Some areas on the East End require on-street parking permits be displayed on the dash to prevent being fined. Permits will be provided and are only valid within two blocks of the property. Guest agrees to observe and follow all posted parking signs and instructions. Guests must display parking permit on the dash at all times. Failure to display may result in fines at guests’ expense. Please leave all parking permits inside the unit upon departure. Failure to leave them will result in additional fees for replacement(s). (*Only certain areas require the passes on the East End.)
DOWNTOWN PARKING - Paid parking is enforced downtown daily between 9am and 6pm, Monday through Saturday. To park on the street, follow the posted signs to download the Pay By Phone in the Android or Apple market or pay via designated kiosks. There are also other paid parking lots and garages throughout the downtown area.
CENTRAL & MID-TOWN PARKING – On-street parking is available in front of the property or along the street nearby. There are no parking permits required, but there are no designated parking spots as these homes are located in a residential area and parking is first come, first served.
WEST END PARKING – Parking is limited to 4 vehicle(s). Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only. Parking on the road is not permitted. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
9. Housekeeping: An exit clean is included in your rental rate and guests are required to start the dishwasher, take out the trash and turn off the lights upon check-out. Any excessive cleaning required after departure or need to move furniture back to its original place may result in extra charges to Guests credit card. We do not offer daily housekeeping services. Linens and bath towels are included but we suggest you bring beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units, unless specified otherwise. If the premises appear dirty or damaged upon check-in, Guest shall inform Soar immediately and Soar will take action to correct any issues in a timely manner.
10. Garbage: All garbage must be stowed properly in the designated green City trash cans provided on the property and all trash must be bagged and placed inside the can. Trash pickup is once a week and designated pick up dates are provided for you. To avoid any pest or litter problems, please do not leave any loose or bagged trash outside.
11. Owner Locked/Personal Areas: Owners may choose to lock closets, cabinets, garages, pantries, or other areas of the property, for personal storage and Guest will not have access to any such area under any circumstance. If it is determined a Guest has tampered with any Owner areas or removed/damaged any Owner items, Guest agrees and will be charged for any damages and/or replacement of any missing or damaged items to their credit card on file.
12. Items Left Behind: Soar is not responsible for any items left behind at the property. Please check the property carefully before leaving, including closets, cupboards, under beds and furniture and exterior spaces. Any items left behind will be held for no more than 14 days before being donated to a local charity. Guests may choose to pick up left items from our office, schedule pre-paid mail pick up service or Soar will ship your items back to you upon request only and at an additional fee.
13. What to Bring? Soar provides a starter kit in the home but cannot guarantee full stock of household items in each property. Here are recommended items to bring with you that are not provided or guaranteed in the rental property:
-Toiletry Items: toothbrush, toothpaste, hair products, prescription medications, first aid kit.
-Kitchen Items: food and drinks, spices, condiments, paper products.
14. Local Beach Rules: Please visit http://texasbeachsafety.org/ for a complete list of rules, current beach advisory updates and safety information about beaches on Galveston Island.
-Glass of any kind is prohibited on all Galveston beaches.
-There are no open fires, bonfires or fireworks allowed on any Galveston beaches. Fires must be contained in a manufactured fire pit, chiminea, or bbq pit, and charcoals must be fully extinguished before being properly disposed of in a designated trash can. Do not bury coals in the sand at any time!
-All trash must be removed from the beach.
-Pets are allowed on all Galveston Beaches, so long as they remain on a leash.
-The dunes are off limits. Use only designated access points or dune walkovers.
-All State laws apply to fishing in Galveston waterways.
-If you see a Sea Turtle or its nest on the beach DO NOT TOUCH! Immediately report Sea Turtles to NOAA Fisheries Sea Turtle Facility at 1-866-TURTLE5.
-Please obey all posted signs and warning flags.
Soar Vacation Rental Services provide the most current policies online and to each guest with their rental agreement. Although every effort has been made to insure the accuracy of the information provided, it is not guaranteed and policies may change from time to time. Please note that pricing, taxes, furnishings and amenities are subject to change without notice.